Submission of English papers
The Contemporary Educational Research Quarterly (CERQ) aims to enhance the quality of educational research, encourage academic exchange, and disseminate findings of educational research. CERQ welcomes original academic papers and book reviews in the following areas:
1. Educational Philosophy & History: including educational philosophy, history of education, etc.
2. Educational Administration, Policy & System: including educational administration, school administration, educational policy, educational system, educational law, economics of education, educational finance, comparative education, and educational development in all education levels.
3. Curriculum, Instruction & Learning: including curriculum, teaching, teacher education, teaching technology, student learning, educational psychology, etc.
4. Educational Evaluation & Assessment: including the theories, methods, and practice of educational evaluation and assessment.
5. Educational Sociology, Anthropology & Cultural Studies: including sociology of education, educational anthropology, cultural studies of education, etc.
CERQ won’t accept papers submitted to more than one journal at one time. Papers with different titles but similar content are also not acceptable. Authors who violate copyrights or plagiarize will take full legal responsibility for their actions. All papers must be submitted via the online system: http://ojs.lib.ntnu.edu.tw/index.php/cerecerq /index
1. Research Paper: Research papers focus on the original theory or empirical research. English manuscripts should not exceed 10,000 words (including abstract, tables, figures, footnotes, references, and appendices).
2. Scholarly Commentary: Scholarly commentaries welcome in-depth, original commentaries, reflections or suggestions for educational theories, issues, research findings, policy and practice in Taiwan or other countries. The manuscript should not exceed 7,000 words.
3. Research Note: Research notes cover recent important empirical findings, innovative theories, concepts, methods, or tools. The manuscript should not exceed 7,000 words.
4. Book Review: Book review introducing and reviewing the latest published important books in education. The maximum of the full text is 3,000 words.
Manuscripts should be typewritten with single-spaced format, in 12-point font on A4 paper and submitted in Microsoft word .doc format. The referencing style for English manuscripts follows the APA Manual 6th Edition. CERQ follows a double-blind review process. The authors are requested to omit their names and affiliations from the manuscripts. CERQ has the rights to ask for revision or reject the manuscripts directly if the format of the submitted manuscripts doesn’t follow the Guidelines completely.
1. Research Paper: The title page should contain the title, abstract (maximum 600 words) and keywords (4 to 8). The abstract should contain the purpose, design/methodology /approach, findings, and originality/value. Each item should be written in different paragraphs.
2. Scholarly Commentary: The title page should contain the title, abstract (maximum 600 words) and keywords (4 to 8).
3. Research Note: The title page should contain the title, abstract (maximum 400 words) and keywords (4 to 8).
4. Book Review: The title page should contain the title and basic information of the book, followed by the text.
Acknowledgements and Financial Support
After acceptance, authors are required to add acknowledgements of people, Sources of findings before References. If a paper accepted for publication was rewritten form the dissertation, it should indicate the author, year, title of dissertation, school, and degree for which it was granted.
In the course of the production process, the corresponding author will be asked to transfer the copyright of the paper to CERQ. The PDF offprint will be sent to the corresponding author after the publication.
1. Administration fee: There will be no administration fees for authors from outside of Taiwan. However, authors from Taiwan will be charged TWD1000 for the administration work when the papers are sent for outside peer review.
2. Publication fee:
(1) Research Papers: Authors from Taiwan will be charged TWD5000/paper; Authors from outside of Taiwan will be charged USD200/paper.
(2) Scholarly Commentary: Authors from Taiwan will be charged TWD4000/paper; Authors from outside of Taiwan will be charged USD150/paper.
(3) Research Note: Authors from Taiwan will be charged TWD4000/paper; Authors from outside of Taiwan will be charged USD150/paper.